In Falling Blocks, your goal is to dodge the blocks which fall from the sky! Roll across the variety of themes and collect coins.
A visualisiation of the default but beautiful grassy theme
Rolling in the desert theme
It's cold in the snowy theme
Look - a powerup
A player who consumed the shrink powerup
The Falling Blocks shop
- Simple yet effective graphics make the game pop
- The hand-crafted variety of themes and players allow you to customise your experience
- Built-in Google Play Games leaderboards and achievements allow you to compete with the world
- The settings available lets you play Falling Blocks your way
Playing Falling Blocks
Falling Blocks is currently available for Android 4.3+. There are multiple ways to play Falling Blocks; use tilt controls for a life-like control system, or use touch controls for easier on-the-go play!
★★★★★ "A game crafted with passion and love, with god level graphics and gameplay. I have never in my life been more attracted to anything." - Zak W.
- I started work on Falling Blocks in September 2017. It started out simple, the graphics were very basic and movement was slow. I kept working on it, adding new features such as coins and eventually a basic way for players to change the colour of the player. In October 2017, it was released. Version 1.0 looks very different but very similar to today's 1.1.6 version.
- A few months went by, and I gradually updated the UI. It felt more 'rustic' than before, and the block spawning was nerfed. When I thought it was good enough, I bought a Play store license and uploaded it on December 4th, 2017. With this release came a redesigned purchase system, but not quite the shop we know today.
- At the beginning of 2018, I changed the music and fixed some bugs. On the 21st January, I released a new version of the game to Google Play; it was completely rewritten. This provided Google Play Games integration for leaderboards and achievements, a whole host of new themes, a halloween surprise, blue multicoins, powerups, new UI and so much more! This, of course, required significant amounts of testing and bug fixing. That same day, 1.1.4 and 184.108.40.206 were released bringing more leaderboard features, new players, and a mute feature, optimising the game and fixing more bugs.
- Finally, in March 2018, Falling Blocks 1.1.5 - The Tasty Graphics update - was released! It included new post-processing effects, AO, colour grading and more amazing graphics features. A more engaging title screen was added including daily rewards and improvements to movement. 1.1.6 followed in December 2018, bringing a new icon and bugfixes.
At this point, Falling Blocks is no longer really maintained and I have focused on other projects, however, the game is still a blast to play, so download it with the link below!
Download Falling Blocks
Falling Blocks is available on the Google Play store. You'll need an Android device with at least Android 4.3.