Pyramidical is a fun mobile game in which you roll downwards into the depths of the ancient pyramid while avoiding the enemies to try and get the highest score possible! Compete with the world using the built-in leaderboard!
The title screen of Pyramidical
A player just playing like a player plays
Oh no; a blackout
Houston, we have a problem - we're floating
Another player just playing how a player does play
Oh no; it's game over
The shop filled with lots of fancy skins
- Tuned performance optimises the game for the oldest phones
- Intuitive tilt controls allow you to move with ease
- Randomly spawning enemies make the game challenging
- Unpredictable events such as blackouts and summonings shift the game's difficulty
- Achievments and leaderboard allow you to show off to your friends
Pyramidical is currently in public beta. This means you can download it from Google Play without signing up to the beta program. It's controls feel intuitive, using your device's accelerometer to detect input.
★★★★★ "Pyramidical is an exciting and action packed game!" - Morgan G.
- I started work on Pyramidical by implementing the player's movement. Once that was sorted, I moved onto the randomly generating sections. These were hand-picked for quality and implemented shortly after. I then added Google Play Games support which - although took a while - I got there in the end.
- Following this, I added enemies which moved randomly and killed the player on contact. I then worked on the random 'spells' which could occur during games. These include anti-gravity, blackout and summoning - they enhance the game's experience. Scene transitions were implemented to give a smoother, more polished experience.
- After these base features, graphics improvements began to make the game look better. Some dramatic new music was added, and coins were too - providing the currency for the future shop. Next came bug fixes; 18:9+ aspect support, disabled buttons and lots more minor ones. I then added new 'spell' toasts; the ones which popup and inform you about your impending doom.
- Now was the time to add the shop. 4 hand-crafted skins were added, with more hopefully coming. Succeeding this, certain phones had some performance issues, so I implemented the Unity LWRP to enhance graphics rendering and improve performance, and ended up improving the experience by over 300%!
Pyramidical may only recieve some minor updates, however, it is still fun to play!
Pyramidical is available on the Google Play Store. You'll need an Android device running at least version 4.4.