/* Scroll down for downloads! */
Synonymizer is a fun and completely useless tool which translates each word of your input into its synonym. The numerous synonym providers add variation to your output, and the random feature makes sure no two sentences are alike!
The main UI of synonymizer
The settings page where you can select different options
- Simplistic and easy-to-use UI
- A status indicator so you know what word is currently being synonymized
- Asynchrounous operations allow the program to operate without freezing
- The fallback get-synonym loop makes sure that if your selected provider doesn't have the synonym, others will be checked
- The random provider cycle takes longer, but provides a more varied output
Synonymizer is available on Windows. It has been tested on Windows 10, but should work on earlier versions. You may need to install the .NET Runtime if it doesn't work.
- I came up with the idea originally as a joke, as a piece of software which would translate text into synonyms. I started working on it one night, and within an hour or so, I had created the first early version of the software, written in Python.
- Following the intial creation, I refined the Python program until it was robust enough to work with every sentence. I don't like Python however, and its UI tools are lacking, so I eventually moved to C# with WPF. A complete rewrite of the program was done overnight making the software feel more modern having a UI instead of being text-based.
- Then I worked hard adding new features. I added numerous more synonym providers to the settings page, in case one didn't work or different synonyms were desired. After this, I cleaned up the code and made it asynchrounous so it wouldn't freeze when synonymizing. I then added the fallback get-synonym loop and random provider cycle as a means of varying the output.
- After I'd finished all the main features, I added the finishing touches; a status indicator and setting saving, among other things.
Synonymizer is hosted right here, so download it using the button below!
The latest version of Synonymizer is: 220.127.116.11