/* Scroll down for downloads! */
Dash Dodge is a fun, casual PC game where you must move side to side and jump to avoid the obstacles rapidly approaching you. The wide array of different obstacles means every level is a challenge and takes skill to beat.
The feature-packed level editor in Dash Dodge
The my levels screen where you can manage your creations
The level browser which provides a gateway to the world
The title screen - clean and modern
- Gorgeous graphics bring the blocky game to life
- A feature-packed level editor allows you to create your own levels with ease
- The online level browser allows you to share your creations and let others beat them
- The variety of obstacles, including spikes and crushers, add uneasiness when playing
- Anti-gravity blocks throws a new dimension into the mix and lets you create upside-down levels
Playing Dash Dodge
Dash Dodge is currently available on Windows. It has been tested on Windows 10, but should work on earlier versions.
- I started work on Dash Dodge in early September 2018. It was born in under a day and was released to itch.io. That same day, I started work on a level editor - it was 2D back then - and released in 7 days later.
- Following the release of the level editor, users requested an easy way to share levels, so I worked hard and 2 days later released the first online level browser. It was slow, but it marked a new era for Dash Dodge - the online era. With this came a preview feature, allowing users to test their levels to make sure they were perfect before uploading.
- After some smaller patches; adding pillars, changing the music and adding Discord integration, Dash Dodge 1.4 was released. I'd worked tirelessly to create a new and improved level editor - one which was 3D and easier to use. It was released on the 1st October 2018. Some more patches were released succeeding this. They added gorgous post-processing effects to make the game pop and fixed great numbers of bugs. The level browser was re-imagined and was made simpler and faster - upto 10x faster!
- By this point I'd taken a break to work on other projects, but on December 29th, version 1.5 was released, bringing a cloud update system. The first one I've designed allowed me to update the game remotely, improving the overrall experience of the game. The UI was modernised completely and bugs were squashed.
- The Limitless Update (version 1.6) was released on Februry 17th 2019. I completely rewrote Dash Dodge, making it easier and more intuitive. Levels could now be 10x higher and 50x longer. The editor was re-imagined once again, providing new utilities. A new 'my levels' section was introduced, meaning players could work on multiple levels at once, and could be certified by me to let users around the world see their creation.
- Finally, the Anniversary Update (version 1.7) was released on September 14th 2019. It added 2 new audio styles: atmospheric chill and original; 2 new themes: inverted and unloaded and plenty more features such as a progress bar, settings page and now-placing icon in the editor. The day after, 1.7.1 was released to address several bugs introduced in the previous update.
That's what's happened to Dash Dodge so far, but with your feedback, who knows what the future holds?
Download Dash Dodge
Dash Dodge is hosted right here, and you can check out itch.io for a fully-featured, uncondensed devlog. Read more about Dash Dodge's history, or download it using the button below!
The latest version of Dash Dodge is: 1.7.1
Below you can download all of the music found inside of Dash Dodge, composed by me!